Monday 13 December 2010

It's been a while....

It's been ages since I've been on here! It turns out that final year is very hectic...Since I last updated this I have moved into a studio space at uni which was a very good idea as there are no distractions there and it's warm unlike my house...and there are no noisy neighbours there!

My project has changed a fair bit too....Ruby is a thing of the past. I started to make her into a rag doll and found that I am rubbish at making rag dolls! She freaked me out big time so I decided to leave it there.

For this half of the project (which I handed in on Tuesday-3 days early!) I made my first dress. It was garden themed and I had a lot of fun doing it. I'm not to keen on the dress itself though. I'm not a dressmaker and it shows. I'm impressed with my embroidery though - big headed but true.

So for the next half of my project we're sticking with once upon a Saturday but just making dresses. 10 of them is my aim but we shall see on that one. I think I need a colour scheme change as mine is a little too cutesie, something to work on over Christmas. I want to tackle my dress making issue too but I'm not sure how...one thought that I've had is workng with older ladies who know how to dress make. I would like to ask these ladies to use my fabric (hand dyed) to make old fashioned dresses that I would then embroider onto. However I have no money to pay them, I don't know whether it would count as my work for assessment, and I don't know whether anyone would want to! I would quite like to find somebody who could help me, teach me....it's something I really need to think about but I do really like the idea as it's bringing back old fashioned values etc which is something that I have got very interested in snce wrting my monograph....

Anyways, enough for today, I shall pop some photos of my work on and then get a cup of tea....

No comments:

Post a Comment